Baytree Holiday Cottage - Privacy Statement
We treat your privacy very seriously whether you interact with us on-line
via this Web site or e-mail, whether we meet face to face or
we talk on the telephone - it's all common business sense to foster
a trusting relationship that underpins any commercial deal.
- not to take information from you without both your knowledge
- not to use any information that you provide for
any purpose other than the reason that you intended.
For example if you want us to reply to an e-mail
then we will need to use your e-mail address to do so.
- in particular that we will only
use addressing information (e-mail, telephone, Fax or postal)
when you have requested us to do so.
- to store your information on our server in such a way that
it cannot be accessed by any other user than the one allocated
Note that you are responsible for your password -
choosing something which is not easy to guess (ie susceptible to a
"brute force" guessing attack) and afterwards in keeping
other people from having access to it.
- to store all passwords in an encrypted (1-way) format which does not
have a decrypting algorithm.
This means that even our application support or hosting staff
cannot tell you what your password is so please be careful with your master
password in particular - our only option will be to set it to something
that we can communicate to you in some relatively secure manner.
- to always allow you the ability to administer your own details,
including any subscriptions to mailing lists.
This includes the deletion of your account such that it can no longer be
accessed - even by you.
- to use mailing lists at whatever frequency is
originally advertised for that list or less if that is appropriate.
- never to provide your details to any other company or organisation unless
legally required to do so.
- that if this company is ever the subject of a takeover then the
owners will make one of the conditions of sale that the above list is
honoured for all existing users and that you will be contacted by e-mail
to confirm (default to be "No") your desire to continue using
this site under the new ownership.
And if you are still sceptical:
We will also allow you to enter personal details that are blatantly
incorrect (eg Santa Claus, North Pole, Mr M. Mouse et. al., )
unless in doing so we would be acting illegally,
improperly or it would affect the system or other users, but:
- Your use and benefits from this site may be impaired if you do this but
we recognise that until we have established your trust then this
may be your preferred option.
- Note that some self-administration functions on this site will
require verification via e-mail so you will need
a valid e-mail address - even if only a temporary HotMail account
if for instance you wish to (auto-)register for an account.
- Your security level on this site will be restricted until further
authentication of your identity is provided and a valid business "need
for access" is established.